OS: Win 10
PsychoPy version: 3.1.2 (but also occurs in most recent)
Standard Standalone? y
What are you trying to achieve?:
I have a running digit span task, where in a trial, each text stimulus component (Dig1 to Dig11) represents a single digit. The text is defined within each component as $Dn (e.g. in the Dig10 text component, the text is $D10).
The numbers feed from the excel file as expected, but for some reason, psychopy presents some of these digits to one decimal place (i.e. 4.0), while others are presented as whole numbers (i.e. 4). Needless to say, in the excel file they are just whole numbers, and it is whole numbers that I would like to present. It seems as though the first 3 digits (components Dig1 to Dig3) are presented as whole numbers, and subsequent ones (components Dig4 to Dig11) are presented to one decimal place.
What did you try to make it work?:
- I checked that all of the text components within psychopy have an identical set-up (aside from start time).
- I tried changing the formats of the values in the excel file to ensure they match; I tried general, text and number.
- I tried making a new excel file from scratch to ensure that all numbers were typed in in exactly the same manner.
- I tried adding a space after the numbers in the excel file.
- I tried looking in the coder view to see whether I could identify any differences (I couldn’t).
None of these efforts have resulted in any changes to the presentation, and I am at a loss as to what may fix this or why it is happening in the first place.