Text component & textbox component Stimuli Length

MacOS
PsychoPy version (2022.2.3):
Standalone? y
What are you trying to achieve?:
I want the Text component or textbox component to display sentences with varying lengths by either wrapping the text displayed or displaying them within the parameters of the screen.
What did you try to make it work?:
In the first attempt, I set the text or textbox component to a variable named Sentences ($Sentences) (set to every repeat)
I tried using the wrap width setting in the text component to wrap after 40, characters; this setting is constant and can not be changed.

The second attempt: I tried to add a column in the csv. file containing the variable ($width) all widths were set to .5

The third attempt: I tried using the component textbox and changed the height and width of the sentences but that only changed the height and width of the sentences.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
The First attempt: When I ran psychopy the sentences appeared as if I did not change any settings. meaning the sentences extended beyond the screen size.

Second attempt: Error $width
pos=(0, 0), height=0.05, wrapWidth=$width, ori=0.0,
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Something that did work: When I changed the spatial units from exp settings to norm, the sentences appeared in the center of my screen and did not extend beyond the screen. However, I am running the experiment on pavlova and can’t use the norm-setting because I won’t be able to control the screen size participants use and the sentences appeared small. unless I am mistaken I can use the norm-setting please let me know.