Sync errors - Impossible to sync task with Pavlovia

Hi there,
I’m experiencing great difficulty getting a task synchronized with Pavlovia. I had developed a little test task a while back that seemed to work. I’m completely stuck… Any help would be much appreciated! Included to totally delete Pavlovia / Gitlab account, PsychoPy (and every file linked to it) to try fresh install, if needed.
Thanks in advance for advice/help.
Fab.

PsychoPy version : v2021.1.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) y
**What are you trying to achieve?: sync files to Pavlovia

**What did you try to make it work?: Tried creating a new task from scratch, tried with a new Pavlovia account, tried uninstall and reinstalling (but my old Pavlovia username keeps showing up in the Pavlovia menu within PsychoPy Builder).

When I try to create a new experiment on Pavlovia from PsychoPy Builder, I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 161, in submitChanges
self.parent.project = self.project
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘project’

When trying to sync the files, I get this:

When I try to create a new experiment on Pavlovia from PsychoPy Builder, I get this:
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 161, in submitChanges

When trying to sync the files, I get this:
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\menu.py”, line 129, in onNew
retVal = syncProject(parent=self.parent, project=projEditor.project)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 508, in syncProject
infoStream=syncFrame)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\functions.py”, line 96, in showCommitDialog
changeDict, changeList = project.getChanges()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 902, in getChanges
changeDict[‘untracked’] = self.repo.untracked_files
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\repo\base.py”, line 662, in untracked_files
return self._get_untracked_files()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\repo\base.py”, line 688, in _get_untracked_files
finalize_process(proc)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\util.py”, line 333, in finalize_process
proc.wait(**kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 415, in wait
raise GitCommandError(self.args, status, errstr)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe’) failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe status --porcelain --untracked-files
stderr: 'error: bad signature
fatal: index file corrupt

Have you deleted any local hidden .git folders?

Hi Wakecarter,
Thanks for your reply! I’m not sure. I deleted some files left behind in the Program Files folder but haven’t checked carefully for hidden files. Will do so tomorrow when I’m back at the office. Let’s see if there’s luck!
Cheers,
Fab.

Hi Wakecarter,
Tried to delete everything I could find related to .git (there was a hidden .git folder in the folder where my task is). But to no avail. My old and new usernames still appear in PsychoPy under the Pavlovia menu, and I still get the error messages. Couldn’t see anything clearly related to PsychoPy in the local user files, but there doesn’t seem to be anything there. Gonna try uninstalling it again, remove anything I can identify as related to PsychoPy or Gitlab/Pavlovia. I’ll try creating a new task instead of opening an old one, and see if there’s any luck. I must be missing something; a fresh installation of PsychoPy comes up with my old username already in the list of Pavlovia users, so there must be some trace somewhere; just can’t find where…
Cheers,
Fab.

If you’ve changed username, you probably need to sign out and sign back in again in PsychoPy.

Thanks… I have logged out and logged in with the proper username. Uninstalled PsychoPy again, reinstalled it, both usernames appear under the Pavlovia menu. I have created a new task from scratch, made sure I’m logged in with the proper username (interestingly, only that one shows up under “owner” when I create a new project).

Upon creating a new project, I still get this error message (though after hanging a long time, it does create a project in GitLab and Pavlovia):
File “D:\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 161, in submitChanges

Files sync seems to be working for now. So it’s a little touch-and.go, but I’ll try using it as it is for now, hoping for the best…

Cheers,

Fab.