Struggling to add pydub to standalone PsychoPy

Hi, I’m trying and failing at installing and importing pydub to the coder. I have tried to follow the instructions, but I keep getting “ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pydub’”. I have tried giving slightly different paths (the one shown; “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PsychoPy External Modules\pydub-0.25.1”; “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PsychoPy External Modules\pydub-0.25.1\pydub”), and playing with the syntax, such as removing the parentheses. However I keep getting the exact same error message.

I’m new to this way of working with Python to be honest; I usually just use pip. So apologies if it’s something very obvious.

Hello,
Did you try to remove the squared brackets and the quotes?

The following works for me:

Hi Chen,

That seems to have worked, thanks very much! I think I might have tried that at some point but given it a level too high which would have caused confusion.

Best,
Chris

1 Like

Happy I could help :slight_smile:

Chen

1 Like

Hi, I am struggling with the same problem,
I might be at more basic stage :slight_smile:

How did you download the ‘pydub’ package without using the pip install command in the terminal\cmd?

I found only the wheel and source files of that package and it seems that it is not enough

thanks

Hello @Nadav_Meinrath ,
You can download it directly from Pypi:

This is an instant download link:
https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/fe/9a/e6bca0eed82db26562c73b5076539a4a08d3cffd19c3cc5913a3e61145fd/pydub-0.25.1.tar.gz