Stimuli Stuck on Repeat Due to Loop Placement?

OS (e.g. Win10): macOS Big Sur Version 11.6
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2021.1.2

What are you trying to achieve?:
I am creating a math stress task where participants:

1. are given a math problem as an image
  2. select a response within a given timeframe
  3. are provided feedback (correct, incorrect, respond more quickly)
  4. are shown a fake bar graph that shows how they are doing in comparison to other participants (“comparison” routine in the image below)

Steps 1-4 are repeated 5 times per block. Each time, the pre-made image bar graph indicates that the participant’s performance is slightly worse than other participants to induce extra stress.

At the end of the block, they are asked how stressful this set of problems are.

I am having a difficult time properly demonstrating the bar graph images, in sequence, only one after each feedback.

I think this may be due to my “comparison_loop_block” placement.

For some context, my “comparison_loop_block” references my excel loopfile (entitled Comparison_loopfile.xlsx). Within this file I have the file locations for 30 excel files under the column name “Comparisonfile” - referenced in “comparison_loop_1”. Each of the 30 files contain a column “ComparisonImage” which contains the location for an image of a comparison graph that is referenced in the “comparison” block. It is important that the images stay in the order in which they are currently organized.

What did you try to make it work?:

See image: When I try placing the “comparison_loop_block” within the bounds of the “trials” block that controls the image presentation of the math problems, the same math problem image shows up all 5 times - a different math problem should appear each of the 5 times. However, the comparison graphs work as they should, in order (suggesting that the participant is doing worse than others), one at a time (only one after each math problem).

When I try placing the "comparison_loop_block outside of the bounds of the “trials” loop, the math problems change but the graph stays the same all 5 times.

When I try placing the "comparison_loop_block around the “comparison” routine, one math problem is presented and then all 30 comparison graphs are shown.

I am unsure what steps I should be taking to ensure both the math problems and comparison graphs are changing each time.

Furthermore when the block starts again (pulling a new set of 5 math problems), is there any way to start pulling comparison graph images from where the last block left off (e.g. one block iteration uses comparison graphs 1 - 5 and then the next block iteration uses graphs 6-10)?

I am using PsychoPy in the builder view. I do not know how to program, but I have been trying to utilize recommended code from the book and forum.

I would truly appreciate any recommendations! Thank you in advance!