If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.
OS (e.g. Win10): MacBook Pro macOs Mojave version 10.14.5
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 3.1.5
**Standard Standalone? yes
I know there are some bugs with the mic component and pyo integration. For me, Psychpy is crashing when I specify a stop duration value with the mic component. Interestingly, when I do not specify a stop duration value, Psychopy does not crash. But, when I do not specify a stop duration for the mic component, the experiment produces an empty .wav file (as designed I think). Therefore, I add a stop duration and I am able to stop the recording once it is finished by adding a code component to each frame. Pyo is also listed first in preferences.
This actually works for the first few trials (it produces .wav files that have the recordings in them)! But after a few trials, psychopy crashes and does NOT produce an error. All I get it:
Running: /Users/mayarose/Dropbox/MAYA Turkish Project/TurkishExperiments/TestRunFolder_P3/TurkishExp_071519_lastrun.py
pyo version 0.8.8 (uses single precision)
Unknown audio type. Using Portaudio
2019-07-15 12:16:17.395 python[872:21542] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to (null)
This is what i have done to further investigate:
- Left stop duration field blank on mic component and did not crash and therefore stop duration specification is most likely contributing to crash
- Updated to Psychopy 3.1.5 and still crashed (I did this because i know there have been some fixes to the microphone component)
- I am using a MacbBook Pro 10.14.5 and am testing the experiment using the built-in microphone which is mono. I set the mic component to default channel = 0 (not stereo). When i change the channel value to 1 or 2, it does not change anything and it still crashes.
- Removing and re-adding mic components did not help
- Specifying stop duration in mic component but getting ride of code component did not change anything either.
- Adding ‘directsound’ to audio driver in Psychopy preferences with stop duration specified and experiment crashed again on the 5th trial (and again produced no error message)
I really appreciate your help and let me know if you have any questions. I have attached the script to this post as well. Thanks!
TurkishExp_071519.psyexp (100.5 KB)