Psychopy crashes when using 2 mic components

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 1.85.3 (or 1.83.4)
Standard Standalone?: Standalone 1.83.4 OR
Standalone 1.85.3 + pyo_0.8.6_py2.7_setup.exe for Windows, python 2.7, 32-bit from Dropbox - File Deleted (To fix pyo bug) + hardcoded sample rate in microphone.py.

What are you trying to achieve?:
Set a microphone component to record the entire experiment. Simultanoeusly, record during individual routines.

What did you try to make it work?:
My experiment works fine on several Windows 7 PCs which run 1.83.04. Trying to run the same experiment on a Windows 10 machine, it does not. I’ve isolated the problem:

mwe-simultaneous mics crash.psyexp (4.4 KB)

I started with Standalone v1.83.4 on the new machine, but that doesn’t work. I switched to the latest Psychopy. After patching pyo & microphone.py to avoid the errors described in other threads, I’m back at the same problem I had with v1.83.04.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
After a few trials, the experiment crashes. The only error message is “Pythonw.exe stopped working”.

If the trial records for 1 second, it crashes after 4 trials. If the trial records for 2-20 seconds, it crashes after 2 trials.

When it comes to use sounds (or mics) I have found that in my case it only works with 1.83.0, no other version (e.g. 1.83.04 e.t.c.). Perhaps you can give it a try.

I just tried it with 1.83.0, and now it crashes in (what looks like) the same place, this time with “Python.exe stopped working”.