| Reference | Downloads | Github

Sound stimulus-Unspecified JavaScript error

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem: Hi everyone, this is a very simple demo - presenting a text stimulus with two sounds. It works fine offline but the ‘Unspecified JavaScript error’ keeps showing up when running in pavlovia. In fact, the program went and finished successfully even though the error dialogue was keeping on the screen.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you so much!

Your experiment repository is not set to “public” so I can’t check it directly, but last time this happened it was because there was a weird syntax error in the participant info.

You can make your repository public by going to the code repository from the experiment dashboard, going to general settings, and then permissions.

Thanks @jonathan.kominsky! Yeah, I saw that post but I didn’t get syntax error. I have set the experimetn public now, thanks a lot!

As smoha005 suggested here Unspecified JavaScript error message, I used my own wav file and cut it to a suitable length (so leave the duration blank, otherwise another error will pop up). Problem solved! But it would still be good to know whether we can use note names or numbers online.

1 Like