Slider not responding to mouse clicks locally

PsychoPy version: 2022.1.1
**Standard Standalone? ** yes
What are you trying to achieve?:
I wanted to use the slider function, unfortunately it does not work. The slider appears but nothing happens if you click on it, i.e., no marker appears. I tried to specify a ‘Starting Value’, so that the marker would appear at the beginning. However, this leads to the slider not showing, with no error message.

What did you try to make it work?:
I updated my mac’s OS, I tried to connect an external mouse, without success. Furthermore, I tried to use multiple different sliders in different documents/routines. In the attached images you can see the specifications of an exemplary slider.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
There are no error messages. Rather, it is not possible to use the slider, as if you click on the slider the marker does not appear.

1 Like

Hi @clev,

Thanks for your message. Could I just ask you to try out a very simple experiment with a clickable polygon, and see if you’re able to click that? This might sound unrelated but I just want to find out if this is a slider issue or a mouse issue!

Thanks!

Kim

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your fast reply. I had actually already tried that, as I also originally thought it might be a mouse issue. I just tried it again and it only works if I select ‘End routine on press of any click’. If I select ‘valid click’ and select the polygon as a clickable stimulus there is no response to the click.

Therefore, I imagine it is a mouse issue but only if there is a clickable stimulus involved (including a slider)?

Thanks again!

Clelia

I have the same issue. Tested on two different devices.

Also more info on this problem in this thread
https://discourse.psychopy.org/t/mouse-doesnt-respond-if-routine-ends-on-press-valid-click/28648?u=glen

@ssaz5 are you on Mac or Windows?

Apparently, it is a problem of the 2022 versions with Retina MacBooks.
I have now tried downloading older Pyschopy versions, and decided to continue working with the latest 2021 version (2021.2.3), as mouse click responses (including sliders) work here.