If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.
OS (e.g. Win10): Mac OS 10.14
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 1.85.6
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y
What are you trying to achieve?:
I would like to develop a social evaluative feedback design involving three events per trial. Each trial will contain events in the following sequence: (a) self-evaluate on the self-relevance of trait word from 1 (Not at all) to 5 (Extremely), (b) receive confederate feedback from 1 to 5 on same trait. Fixation cross will be presented during ITI’s between events. The trials will be presented in sequences of 4, and participants will then receive an event asking participants to provide a rating of their mood. So it will go (1) self evaluate --> (2) feedback, for four times, and then (3) mood rating, and then it will return to (1) and (2) four times, until all words have been presented.
There will be 148 words presented in total in a random order.
After all of this has been completed of (1) (2) and (3) for 148 words, participants will re-rate themselves on words again, but that is not the issue that I need help with.
What did you try to make it work?:
I tried a few things using the following format:
(1) I tried having the sequence loop contain the condition file of the word list with 4 nreps, and the larger trials loop including the mood rating to have no condition file but 1 nrep.
(2) I tried having the “trials” loop contain the condition file and 1 nrep while the sequence loop (containing only self-evaluate and feedback) only has 4 nreps and no condition file.
(3) I tried following these instructions Randomly selecting a subset of 5 excel rows from groups of 10 rows on each trial and adapting for my purposes. I basically added fourtrait = [‘fourtrait.csv’] to beginning of experiment as well as to beginning of routine. I hoped that this fourtrait variable and csv would be overwritten during each loop by a new four trait words that were extracted from the 148 total. I added a sequence loop “sequence1” containing no condition file but with 4nreps over the sequence loop “sequence” with $fourtrait.pop() as condition file and “0:4” as selected rows.
What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
(1) It presents randomized words but never presents the mood rating event.
(2) It presents the same trait word over and over repeatedly.
(3) It crashes before even running.
Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information.