Sending EEG triggers with Macbook Air

OS (e.g. Win10): Ventura 13.5.1
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2023.2.3
What are you trying to achieve?:
I am trying to send EEG triggers from my Macbook Air to BrainVision. My EEG triggers work when I use a Windows laptop and code components to send triggers but not with a Macbook Air.

What did you try to make it work?:
I downloaded the D2xx drivers from this link as well as followed the video installation guide from this link: D2XX Drivers - FTDI

I have also followed this tutorial: Communicating via a Parallel Port — PsychoPy v2023.2.3
But was not able to find the parallel port or serial port from the Terminal output even after connecting and disconnecting my Cedrus C-pod from my Macbook.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
OSError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.dylib, 0x0006): tried: ‘/usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.dylib’ (no such file)

My Macbook Air does not have a built-in parallel or serial port. As such, I am having difficulties figuring out the port address for my Macbook. I am stumped about how to proceed as I don’t know if the issue is with my drivers or just an Mac incompatibility issue. Any advice about how to get a Macbook Air to send EEG trigger to a BrainVision EEG Actichamp system is greatly appreciated!

Is your question related to using Cedrus’ c-pod? if so, you can use the pyxid2 library.