Saving trial-level audio output in real time

Hi everyone,

I wanted to follow up here, as we’ve made progress on this issue but have not found a long-term solution. The problem was that our picture naming task (attached above) would randomly crash.

It’s likely that we were recording at too high a temporal resolution. When we dropped it to 16k it appeared we found a solution. Problem solved! Not quite…

Now we experience a similar surface level behavior: We’ll be running the picture naming task and the experiment will just freeze in the middle of a trial. The error message states that “the Experiment ended with exit code 1”.

The problem is that this error happens randomly within an experiment, so we can’t pinpoint where the problem is coming from. The error also happens randomly between experiments. Some tasks work just fine whereas others (like the attached picture naming experiment) give us persistent difficulty.

This only happens when we run experiments with a naming response. All of our button press tasks work without issue. This suggests to me that it has something to do with the microphone component.

We are collecting incomplete datasets because of this problem, so I’m hoping to find a solution ASAP. Any input or suggestions would be extremely helpful.