Response time is not recorded in the loop

I am using PsychoPy 2020.1 in Windows 10.

I am still a beginner in programming. Currently, I am creating a task for my research about emotion. The task is a facial change video (0% emotion to 100% emotion) that is displayed for 10 seconds and I set the response key (SPACE button) along with the video. I want the participants to press the response button when they recognize the emotion.

It works well but in some case, participants did not press the button during the video. The problem is that the response time of SPACE button of all trial is not recorded when the SPACE button is not pressed in the first trial of the loop. The response time of all trial was recorded when the participants pressed the SPACE button in the first trial of the loop.

Example:
1st trial (pressed), 2nd trial (didn’t press), 3rd trial (pressed), etc. >> response time is recorded (and 2nd trial was left blank)
1st trial (didn’t press), 2nd trial (press), 3rd trial (pressed), etc. >> response time is not recorded (the rest is also not recorded)

Is there any specific coding I should type or is there any settings in the builder for this issue?

Thank you

Hi Danny,

Please could you share the code snippets or your experiment files so that we can help figure this out with you? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Becca

I am sorry the was solved yesterday.
Thank you for your support.

Sincerely

No worries, please you resolved your issue!