RatingScale in online experiments

Hey guys,

I am currently building an experiment where a response on a Rating-Scale is needed.
I have built the Experiment in the Builder and made it work on Pavlovia.
Everything is fine, besides the RatingScale-Component.
When going through the JS-code, there is just no code at the point, where the RatingScale should be initiated.

Therefore my question is, if there is no possibility yet to do that or did I do anything wrong?

greetings!
-Artur

I’m using PsychoPy 3.0.0b9 on Windows 10

Hi @kantarev, rating scale or the new slider component will be available for PsychoPy 3 online studies, but they are currently in development and so not available. We are constantly working to update PsychoPY 3 and making new releases regularly, so it will be available in the future. In the meantime, an alternative approach that could serve the same function as a rating scale would involve constructing your own likert scale using a series of shapes, or image files, with text overlaid giving the rating value, and using the mouse.isPressedIn() function to collect your ratings.

Hey @dvbridges,

thank you for the quick response! I’m looking forward until this function will be available in a new update and until then im going to practice it by myself with your advices!

Hi @dvbridges and @jon

First off, thank you very much for your continued effort with Psychopy and Pavlovia.

I was wondering if there are any updates in regards to @kantarev’s question re the rating scale. I am trying to convert a Psychopy experiment with several rating scales to an online Pavlovia experiment and I’m noticing that the rating bars are not being rendered / displayed in the browser. I am currently using Psychopy v3.0.0b11. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Mira

No, indeed the online studies don’t support rating scales yet

Hey,

I’ve also got a problem concerning the rating scales: I’ve tried using the slider feature instead of the rating scale feature, because it’s said to be supported in the newest version of PsychoPy (3.0.0.) However the slider feature also doesn’t appear in the experiment after I have converted into an online Pavlovia experiment. Now I was wondering if I did anything wrong or if there are still problems with the slider feature? I’d be really grateful if you could help me with this.

Best,
Sabrina

@Sabrina_Klaffenbock, I believe the JS Slider will be in the next, imminent release of PsychoPy 3.

I’ve just pushed release 3.0.1 up to the usual page

thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi ! I am using PsychoPy3-3.0.5-win32, I have got same problem than Sabrina_Klaffenbock but with using a rating scale. I don’t understand how could I fix it.
Hope you will be able to help me to find a solution.
Kind regards,
Chloe

Hi Chloe, the “rating scale” won’t carry over to online experiments. You need to use the alternative “slider” component instead.

Thank you for your answer, I tried with an alternative “slider” component but it is still not working at all.
For your information, I have got a loop of “sound1” then “sound2” then “slider”.
Only sounds are working.

Thank you for helping me

You should probably start a new topic and give all of the details for your specific situation. “It is still not working at all” doesn’t really give us anything to work with.

You are right, I will create a topic for it tomorrow, thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Chloe,

Did you solve your problem? I have the same issue now! Until I get the slider working, my experiment will not continue through the processes.