Rating scale within routine won't go away after duration

Hi,

I have a rating scale within a routine. I want the rating scale to appear at the beginning of the routine, and go away after 15s (regardless of whether the participant selects a rating or not). (See screenshot 1). However, the rating scale is not going away after 15s. Screenshot 2 shows my settings. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

Try ticking the disappear tick box in the advanced window?
BW
Oli

Thanks, but I don’t think disappear has anything to do with this issue. Disappear makes the scale go away after the participant has selected a value. What I’m trying to do is make the rating scale “go away after 15s (regardless of whether the participant selects a rating or not)”. Thanks

I might be the fact that you haven’t got a duration parameter in ‘customise everything’ - this overrides all other options and the default will be ‘None’ which makes it stay up forever. Try adding duration = 15 in that tab.

Bw

Oli

Thanks, but that’s not true. Customize everything “does not affect: startTime, forceEndTrial, duration, storeRatingTime, storeRating” (p. 61 of manual).
It wouldn’t accept duration = 15 because it said duration ≠ a valid argument.

Just checked this on my version and this seems to be an issue - the duration parameter is not passed into or handled by the script.
The way around this is to use a code component with the following code executing on each frame:

if t >= 15:
    rating.setAutoDraw(False)

Which is more or less what would be going on if the code were included in the py script.
Best wishes,
Oli

or you could do the following at the bottom of Custom:

disappear = True
maxTime = 15

That also works, and doesn’t need a code component!

That worked! Thanks so much!