Randomize without repeating stimuli

Yes I did

OK, so talk me through how you demonstrate that the words are being repeated across sessions.

PS to be safe, set the loop type to be “sequential” rather than “random”, since we are handling the randomisation ourselves via the row selection.

1 Like

Well, I ran my experiment and just got the same word twice in a row and I just want to have that one word presented once. To give you more context, I’m displaying 20 words for the participants that should only show once and one at a time to read aloud.

Well that’s about as simple and definitive as it gets. I think you’ll need to post your Builder .psyexp and Excel file for us to inspect.

FragStimuli.xlsx (16.8 KB)

and

Final_ProdEffects.psyexp (52.9 KB)

Thanks so much for the help. Sorry about the strange names as well.

Your Excel file contains two duplicated values:

• H_GH
  • N_CE
  File "/Users/arianne/Desktop/KIN408/CASI/Python_Exp_File_lastrun.py", line 19, in <module>
    from psychopy import sound, gui, visual, core, data, event, logging, clock, colors, microphone
  File "/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/microphone.py", line 45, in <module>
    from psychopy.sound import backend_pyo
  File "/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/sound/backend_pyo.py", line 30, in <module>
    raise exceptions.DependencyError(repr(err))
psychopy.exceptions.DependencyError: ImportError('dlopen(/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/pyo/_pyo.cpython-36m-darwin.so, 2): Library not loaded: @loader_path/libportaudio.2.dylib\n  Referenced from: /Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/pyo/_pyo.cpython-36m-darwin.so\n  Reason: image not found',)
##### Experiment ended. #####

What does this error mean?