psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

QUEST staircase

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v3.0.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Yes
What are you trying to achieve?: I want to build a 2AFC QUEST staircase that adjusts the gabor contrast to achieve a 75% accuracy threshold for participants.

What did you try to make it work?: I used the “psychophysicsStairsInterleaved” demo and changed the loop stairType to QUEST and changed the .csv file with parameters for QuestHandler.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Quantum\Documents\Projects\staircase\interleaved_SF_contrast_lastrun.py”, line 320, in
loop_trials.addResponse(resp.corr)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\data\staircase.py”, line 1532, in addResponse
self.currentStaircase.addResponse(result, intensity)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\data\staircase.py”, line 905, in addResponse
self._checkFinished()
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\data\staircase.py”, line 1045, in _checkFinished
self.confInterval(True) < self.stopInterval):
TypeError: ‘<’ not supported between instances of ‘numpy.ndarray’ and ‘str’

So I was able to get the staircase to run my removing a few parameters. A picture of what parameters worked is attached. However, the contrast does not seem to be adjusting as can be seen in the picture of the .csv file. I also attached pictures of the settings of the gabor I am using.

Screenshot%20(3) Screenshot%20(4) Screenshot%20(5)