Adding Adoptive Staircase

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

**PsychoPy version: (3.2.4)
**Standard Standalone? (yes)
**What are you trying to achieve?:
Hi,

I’m trying to create an acuity test in which a square stimulus is fixed at the center of the screen x and y = 0; (0, 0) and another similar stimulus would be presented 3 units above the fix stimuli but ranging from (-0.5 to 0.5) positions example (-0.5, 3) to (0.5, 3) in 0.1 unit difference, where the presented stimuli is asked to mark left or the right-hand side using left and right arrow keys respectively and ‘space’ key if vertically aligned with the fixed stimuli at position (0, 3).

I would like to apply an adaptive staircase to it and check the number of correct responses for a vertically aligned position.

What did you try to make it work?:
In this direction, I’ve created a trail loop and opted for random mode with conditions to be loaded from excel. However, when I tried switching to staircase it is challenging for me to understand and add certain pieces of code.

Here are my experiment file and a condition file for your reference.

Interleaved condition.xlsx (9.9 KB) Interleaved_working_1008.psyexp (15.9 KB)

It would be great if anyone can help me with fixing this issue.

I want it to be in a step size of ((0.2,3), (0.2,3), (0.1,3), (0.1,3)) based on the correct/incorrect response it should decide the position close or far from the vertical alignment position in a staircase model.

Many thanks in advance.
What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information.

I think the issue might be that you’re trying to specify 2 stpe sizes for each step size - PsychoPy staircases use a single step size for steps in both directions. To home in on a typical threshold (79%) you would use the same step in each direction but a 1-up/3-down approach