Psychopy Quits Unexpectedly and Builder Window Crashes

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 10 64-bit
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): Psychop - v2023.2.0
**Standard Standalone? y

What are you trying to achieve?:

After completing an experiment in the running window, the software automatically quits entirely, as if it’s set to auto-quit. If I press the “escape” key during an experiment, the builder window crashes, forcing me to completely close the software and run it again.

I am experiencing this issue on my laptop with the previously mentioned information. However, on my PC, the software works properly. It seems the program itself is not the problem, as it runs without any issues on another system. Strangely, without making any changes to settings or configurations, I encounter this problem only on my laptop.

I have also tried using previous versions of the software, but the same issue persists on my laptop.

Do you have any insights into what might be causing this?

Generally, if it just hits a normal Python error, PsychoPy will handle this without closing (it throws up a dialog box saying “Unhandled internal error” with details of the error). If the app is fully crashing, that suggests that something has gone wrong in a way which makes your operating system force the app to quit.

What is the experiment in question? Is it one with a lot of large stimuli? It could be that your RAM is filling up, which may also explain why it runs fine on your desktop but not your laptop (you desktop may simply have more RAM available to begin with)

Hey there. I made some upgrades to the laptop. I guess the RAM was another issue, as you said. It’s working perfectly now. Thanks.