Psychopy freezes and then can´t load the experiment

Hi,

psychopy freezed a couple of times today but I was also able to reopen it and start over. Then suddenly it seems like it can’t load anything from my .psyexp file. I read this thread Experiment doesn’t load which suggests that you open the .pstexp file in Notepad and then manually fix the problem. However, when I open my file in Notepad it is empty and when I try to upload it here, it also empty (and does not upload) - Have I somehow erased the whole experiment and in that case how can that have happened?

This is the error message;

Failed to load C:\Users\malifr\ownCloud\Desktop\Parkinson-studien\Psychopy\NOT_MR_SRT_DUAL_16BLOCKS_1.2.psyexp. Please send the following to the PsychoPy user list
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1520, in fileOpen
self.exp.loadFromXML(filename)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\experiment.py”, line 490, in loadFromXML
self._doc.parse(filename)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py”, line 657, in parse
self._root = parser.close()
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py”, line 1654, in close
self._raiseerror(v)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py”, line 1506, in _raiseerror
raise err
ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\projects.py”, line 190, in onAbout
wx.GetApp().followLink(event)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app_psychopyApp.py”, line 654, in followLink
wx.LaunchDefaultBrowser(self.urls[event.GetId()])
KeyError: -31921

I’m using:
Win10
PsychoPy version1.85.2., i.e. not the latest since I worried that updating in the middle of creating the experiment would mess it up but I guess that´s unlikely. Could the update be the solution?

Thanks in advance
Malin