Program does not update after sync

Hello. I uploaded my experiment to Pavlovia from the Psychopy builder. I piloted the program in pavlovia, realized I had an error in my instructions. I fixed the instructions in the builder and then synced the project. It says the sync was successful, and when I go to the “view code”, I can see that the changes have been made and are updated. However, when I pilot the experiment again the same issues are there. Is there something else I should be doing beside syncing in the builder?

Hi there,

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Thanks,
Becca

Hey, I have the same problem. I had a working experiment on Pavlovia, deleted some routines in PsychoPy Builder, succesfully synced again, but when I try to run it, Pavlovia runs the old version.
I tried clearing the cache, but still encounter the problem.
I also noticed that in my Gitlab repository, the .psyexp file was updated, but not the .js ones. Could that be part of the problem, and how can I fix it?

Is experiment settings >online> export html set to “manual” or “on sync” if your JS file isn’t updating that suggests the html isnt set to generate on sync

Hey Becca!
Thanks for the quick reply. The settings are set to export html on sync…

If the JS script is not being written this means that there is something preventing successful translation to JS - are you using any components not currently supportedi n JS? Status of online options — PsychoPy v2020.2

Hi Becca,
no I don’t think there were any unsupported components.The problem might have had something to do with the fact that I changed the version to 2020.1.3 (as the experiment I was working on was originally created under that version)?
I made a copy of it to a different folder on my local computer and left the version “blank”. It works fine now.
I appreciate the thoughts you put into this!