Problems transferring files from one computer to another

Good morning,

I am Licia Sabattini and I am doing research at the University of Bologna (Italy). I have created computer tasks on my personal computer and now transferring them to the lab computer creates errors for me and won’t start.

I am writing to you because I am experiencing problems opening PsychoPy files created with a different computer than the one I open them with. The PsychoPy version of the computer I would like to run them with is 2022.2.4 while the version I created them with is 2021.2.3. I do not understand if this is due to the problem I am experiencing or due to something else.

I wrote down the errors.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1206, in runFile
self.app.runner.panel.runLocal(event)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\runner\runner.py”, line 729, in runLocal
procStarted = self.runFile(
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\runner\scriptProcess.py”, line 122, in runFile
stdOut.write(runMsg)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\console.py”, line 112, in write
self.broadcast(text=text)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\console.py”, line 139, in broadcast
lf.write(text)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\encodings\cp1252.py”, line 19, in encode
return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_table)[0]
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘charmap’ codec can’t encode character ‘\ufffd’ in position 104: character maps to

I hope you can help me,
thank you!

Did you ever find a solution? I think that the issue is non-standard characters in your file path.