Point System Creation

OS (e.g. Win10): MacOS Catalina
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): PsychoPy3 v 2021.1.0
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Yes
What are you trying to achieve?: I am trying to create a point system, where individuals start off with (x) amount of points, and through a series of trials, they lose points depending on the positions of avatars (“friends”) on a circle. I am not sure if there is a way to connect the images from the builder to actual text on PsychoPy.

What did you try to make it work?: So far, I have been able to move the avatars on a circle, but can only create text through a builder that says “1000 points”.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: I tried using the code score = 1000 from custom code in the begin experiment tab to make the score change through iterations, but that was not successful. Does anyone have any tips for creating a point system within PsychoPy?

You need to describe your requirements exactly. There isn’t enough detail here to give you any useful guidance.

Gotcha.

This game I’m trying to create works like this, a person selects up to 20 friends, all imported images, and places them onto a circle with 3 levels, a concentric circle with each ring representing a friendship level within the 1st stage. I have created the part where people drag and drop the avatars onto the circle.

During the 2nd stage, there are economic trials like “X person needs a ride” and then 30 points are automatically deducted from their total (I am not sure how to create this starting total). Depending on where the avatar is placed, I’m trying to have the trial adjust how many points based are requested based on the level of friendship (50 points for the 1st level, 100 for the 2nd level, and 200 for the 3rd level). With the ability to click on an avatar/image and ask for points. With no point requests or lending occurring for avatars outside of the circles. Each of these stages would be repeated in a loop.

score=1000 in Begin Experiment is correct

What isn’t working?

Please could you show your code where you deduct points?

I am not too familiar with python, so I tried to begin with adding the score on the screen, that was unsuccessful, I’ve added the code below.

That looks fine. Please can you show the text component where you show score on screen?

How are you expecting this text component to show the current value of score?

1 Like