Pavlovia resources do not download (No Progress Bar)

Description of the problem: I created my study based on a previous psyexp file (which ran perfectly online) - I made the changes and uploaded it to a new repository. However, when I tried to pilot the study on Pavlovia, on the initial page where participants are prompted to enter their IDs, the resources do not automatically start downloading. In addition, the progress bar (which shows how many resource files have been downloaded) do not show up either.

When I clicked start, it popped up an error saying “Unknown Resources”. I assume that’s because the resources files were not automatically loaded. I tried manually adding resources using the instructions here (Pavlovia) but it did not work either.

I’ve attached a screenshot. Has anyone encountered similar issues before? I tried but wasn’t able to find similar situations on the Forum.

Thank you so much!

Hi! Was this ever solved? I am having the same problem now.

That link doesn’t seem up to date. Try this one for information about resources.

https://psychopy.org/online/resources.html

Thank you!

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am also running into this issue.

Hey, I was actually able to solve this issue by re-creating the task in a newer version of PsychoPy. I think the problem was because I created the original .psyexp file using an older version of PsychoPy (3.2) while updating it using a newer version (2021.x.x), so certain elements in the code might have become incompatible.

Interesting. I’ve tried creating brand new projects using different versions of PsychoPy and even the newest version is not allowing downloads. Only install v2020.2.5 is ending up with downloaded resources after pushed to Pavlovia. Your post was the only one that seemed relevant but I didn’t see much response to it.

If PsychoPy can’t work out what resources you need, then you have to add them via Experiment Settings / Online or use a Resource Manager component.

It’s interesting because I saw your post or someone else’s stating this and even when I tried, the xlsx didn’t download. I had never had this problem before and was more intrigued with this solution not fixing the problem.

If the Excel file is named in the loop then it should download, unless your experiment has (or used to have) an html folder.

Thank you. Must have been some residual html folder. Will test out.