Pavlovia Pilot data issue

I have just ran a pilot trial of my experiment, the CSV downloaded locally automatically at the end of the experiment but when i click on the download results, the zip file is empty. Should this not contain the csv plus log files etc? Is this because i am in pilot or is it an issue with the experiment?

Any help is as always, greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

My understanding is that when you pilot it doesn’t save anything to the server, only the CSV you get downloaded directly to your computer. You have to actually run the study for real for it to save to the server.

1 Like

awesome, i thought so but i wasn’t sure. I suppose a few ‘live’ tests will let me see the log files etc :slight_smile: thank you.

1 Like

Thank you, it took me a very long time to find this information. This should definitely be written under the info about Piloting and Running on the experiment page, imo.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a new Pavlovia user and tried running a small pilot, though the data was not saved directly to my computer as per @jonathan.kominsky 's suggestion. Do we need to include any specification in our experiment to ensure this is saved? Has anyone had experiences where pilot data is not saved locally?

Thanks for any help!

Nevermind! I now see that the csv is only downloaded if the pilot experiment is completed.

Is there a way to download partially completed data?

In your experiment’s page on Pavlovia, try turning on the “Save Incomplete Results” option (you can turn this back off before you switch the study to RUNNING).

1 Like