Pavlovia error -unable to connect to the database: localhost:27017

Hi there, I am getting an error message upon logging into Pavlovia and trying to access my experiments. Error code: unable to connect to the database: localhost:27017

The error message says to contact the Pavlovia administrator if the problem persists - which it has after logging out and in multiple times. Is this a global issue across Pavlovia?

We also can’t connect at the moment.

I also have the same error. I would be glad to see what can be done since I would need it in a few hours :frowning:

URL of experiment: literally cannot access it

Description of the problem: >>> unable to connect to the database: localhost:27017: timed out, Timeout: 30s, Topology Description: ]>

Is anyone else getting this error message when they are trying to access the experiments they’ve uploaded onto Pavlovia?

3 Likes

I have been in the exact same situation for about 2 hours now. You may need to contact the team.

1 Like

this problem reappeared today

1 Like

I have the same problem in Pavolvia. My biggest issue now is my experiment does not open even locally. This is the first time it has happened to me. Did anyone have the same problem, and then everything came again fine? The second screenshot is for the local experiment on Psychopy

1 Like

Does it work now?

Mine is still not working.

@apitiot @wakecarter it wouldbe great if someone could check this out :frowning:

I am currently having this problem! Whenever I try to access my dashboard through pavlovia I get the following error: unable to connect to the database: localhost:27017: timed out, Timeout: 30s, Topology Description: ]>

If the error persists, contact Pavlovia’s administrator.

I can access everything through GitLab. Any suggestions for how to resolve this?

Same here. I can’t see my experiments in Pavlovia. My experiment’s dashboard never finishes loading. EasyEyes is unable to use the API to set the experiment to RUNNING state. It appears that Gitlab is ok.

**Error when fetching information about the experiment: denispelli/phoneandcomputersurvey94

unable to connect to the database: localhost:27017: timed out, Timeout: 30s, Topology Description: ]>**

Hi, I am also seeing the same error msg while trying to access my dashboard. Would be grateful to get advice as to what to do next.Thanks!

Me too. If you could solve the problem, please tell me how.

Dear Sophie
I think we’re waiting for someone to restart the Pavlovia server. Let’s check back in the UK morning.
Denis

1 Like

I’m just reading this now. The OST team is at a Code Sprint this week so I’ll be seeing @apitiot at breakfast. However, I’ll also send him a WhatsApp now.

2 Likes

And we’re back up.

You have no idea how much you saved my day - I am omw to another city to do experiments and it was highly dependent on this. Thanks so much to all.

1 Like

Dear all,

We indeed experienced a database issue a few hours ago. At first glance, it appears to be linked to an experiment collecting inordinately large results (most likely due to a coding error) from a substantial number of participants, which the database manager could not quite digest. As luck would have it, instead of crashing, which would have triggered an automatic restart, it entered a zombie mode when attempting to deal with the large volume of data.
I have just sorted this out and we are back to normal. I will investigate further and add an additional observer to monitor the database for this specific problem.
With my apologies for the interruption.
Best wishes,

Alain

5 Likes