Pavlovia does not show any text/stimuli on Running Mode

Hello,

My participants cannot access the instructions or see the videos (stimuli) when using PC. My experiment runs smoothly on a MAC but the videos/instructions won’t show on a PC.

Did anyone else encounter this issue? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Perhaps an issue with how the videos are encoded? See this page: Media formats suitable for online studies — PsychoPy v2021.1

This is only an issue on some PC computers. The experiment usually works fine on a MAC but we did encounter an issue with one of our participants when they were trying to use MAC.

That could still be because of video encoding; not all browsers and OSs support the same codecs. Have you checked which codecs you used?

All of the videos are saved as Mp4 and audio files as waveform. These are the codecs that I used before Pavlovia crashed and I never encountered any issues.

Thank you so much for your help and quick replies.

MP4 is the container format, which supports different video and audio codecs. For instance: a video codec is H.264 and an audio codec is AAC or MP3. See the link I posted earlier for more info.