Pavlovia credits reserved, no data

Hi Sarah,
my solution is that I only keep full data…
Reserved credits get re-set after 24 hours, and those are likely the ones that stopped the experiment before finishing it (which are A LOT, but may depend upon my experiment, which is a bit long).

Hi, Elena. I can understand for an experiment to have participants that give up, however at the beginning of the data collection I asked friends and peers to fill, so I find it hard to believe that out of 20 people, 12 got bored, even when they knew how long the experiment would take.

Dear Sarah,
my experience is that data do not get stored for a series of reasons…Some of my participants, for example, actually reached the end of the experiment but failed to attend the latest writing “data saved” and press on ok. Others were given an error message saying that data couldn’t be stored for reasons I still do not fully grasp (but I think if participants re-start the experiment on the same computer after they quit, this causes troubles).
What was your participant’s experience? Their feedback could be quite important to understand if they really made it through or actually quit or had any other problem.
I had over 300 participants starting the exoeriment, but only 80 complete data, so the ratio is very low, and most of them actually quit.

I actually have a similar problem on my experiment. I tried running it as “running” and when I tried to download results, it gave me the files in the “data” folder from my GitLab and not the actual data from the “running” session.

I have since deleted the folder, but nothing yet has shown up.

URL of my Experiment if you are interested: https://pavlovia.org/mtruong/test5

I have a similar problem here…I noticed that some people’s data was not saved properly (some were saved but then after I open it it’s empty), even though those are the people I have full trust that finished the study, but maybe did not quit properly or something to cause the data to not save.
I have a very reliable friend who finished the study, so I went to look for her data but only found a file with an empty participant field and the rest of the study data is also empty. She used Chrome (which should be fine), but I have no clue why her data did not get saved properly. Posting here to see if anyone can provide some clue—thanks in advance!