Pavlovia-Audio not playing

URL of experiment: https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/jfeiler/m-tone

Description of the problem: My experiment is running on Pavlovia, except for the audio stimuli during one section are not working. Each time an image comes up, there is supposed to be an audio stimulus (a Mandarin word is spoken) that plays with it. The stimulus is chosen using a code component that randomizes rows and columns, but when I “trial” the study on Pavlovia using Safari on a Mac, no sound is played. When I use Chrome on a PC, instead of hearing a Mandarin word (as specified on my conditions spreadsheet), there is a a continuous beep the whole time.

When I move to another part of the experiment that does not use the code component and, instead, just plays audio in sequence, the audio works and plays correctly.

A couple things I’ve tried:

• Clearing the cache on both my browsers
  • Re-formatting audio from WAV to mp3
  • Looking for errors in JS console…I do get:
WARN unknown | setting the value of attribute: seed in PyschObject: TrialHandler as: undefined`Preformatted text`

Although I’m not sure if that’s significant.

Still having the issue, which was also outlined by @unagi_pie.

I also tried

• changing “.pop()” to “.shift().”
  • Similar to Issues with auditory stimuli, I also tried changing random to sequential to see if there was a blank cell in my conditions file. Nothing changed.

I really have no clue what’s going on here. I’m completely stuck. Perhaps @dvbridges can advise? Thanks!