OSError: [WinError 10038]

Hi everyone,

I followed the template. Any help is more than welcome!! Many thanks in advance!!!

PsychoPy version: 2022.1.1
Standard Standalone?: yes
What are you trying to achieve?: Correctly execute a previously working experiment in this new psychopy version :wink:

What did you try to make it work?:

I tried some minimal experiments (that actually worked) and added some custom messages in the Builder but I could not find the exact line producing the error.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
The program finishes and I get this error message: “OSError: [WinError 10038] an operation was attempted on something that is not a socket”

I could not find previous entries in the forum with this error. It seems to be related to something connected with the computer, but both minimal codes to connect with the EyeLink and to the parallel port (using a labhackers’s USB2TTL) worked fine. Actually, my experiment runs correctly the calibration/validation block.

I looked a little bit into the python code, and add some custom messages in the Builder but I could not find the exact line producing the error.

I also tried to set previous versions of the psychopy (the ones that I used before) and to create a new session in Windows (but I’m not a windows user, just for the experiment, and I’m not sure how different sessions interact in terms of the Python installation or the drivers).

all the best,

juan

Hi,

Here is an update. I was cornering the error, and this one occurs specifically when PsychoPy executes the following line:

ini_message = ‘ETSYNC 100’
eye_tracker.sendMessage(ini_message)

So, it is something with the connection with the eyetracker (I’m using an EyeLink 1000 - version 2008) as this other post suggests:

Best,

Juan