One odd-one-out image from 4 images experiment

Hello, I’m a total newbie to PsychoPy.
I’m currently building an odd-one-out experiment. We are going to prepare sets of 4 selected images to create ‘set1’, ‘set2’ etc. based on our choice. I need every trial to randomly choose one set of from an excel sheet and load the selected images for each set. I need to include option for our participants to choose which one is the odd one out and then move to another trial, probably by clicking the same key. We are going to to go through ‘x’ trials and then the experiment is going to end.

I would create a spreadsheet with one column for the targets (odd ones out) and three for the distractors – it should have x rows (plus one for the headers).

Then I would have a list of four locations and shuffle them each trial

e.g.

locations = [[.3,.3],[.3,-.3],[-.3,.3],[-.3,-.3]]
shuffle(locations)

Set the position of your target image locations[0] and locations[1] etc for the others.

You could then have a mouse component and know that the participant was correct if they clicked the target, without the target always being in the same location.

Thanks for your answer but the thing is, that we are trying to find out which one is going to be the odd one out. We are not selecting the odd one out ourselves. Because each picture is going to display slightly different features and we are trying to answer which features are going to determine which one is the odd one for the participant. We are trying to link the oddity to different features included in each picture from the set of 4 images presented to the participant. Sorry if I didn’t explain it correctly the first time.

For each set of four will you have the same set of four features, e.g. colour, shape, purpose, size?

If so, then my principle still stands but you would have label then columns based on the feature and there wouldn’t be a correct answer.