Moviefile not found even though names are correct and all files are located in the same folder?

Hello,

I have seen a post similar to my problem but unfortunately that post was not helpful. I am encountering this code:

pygame 1.9.4
Hello from the pygame community. Contribute - pygame wiki
5.1207 WARNING User requested fullscreen with size [1536 864], but screen is actually [1920, 1080]. Using actual size
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\user\Desktop\High SF experiment\Study Skeleton High Freq_lastrun.py”, line 1053, in
depth=0.0,
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\contrib\lazy_import.py”, line 120, in call
return obj(*args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movie3.py”, line 135, in init
self.loadMovie(self.filename)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movie3.py”, line 202, in loadMovie
raise IOError(“Movie file ‘%s’ was not found” % filename)
OSError: Movie file ‘Edge_P13_Front_Gun_SoB_3.mp4’ was not found
Exception ignored in: <bound method MovieStim3.del of <psychopy.visual.movie3.MovieStim3 object at 0x00000162C87CEF60>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movie3.py”, line 497, in del
self._unload()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movie3.py”, line 475, in _unload
self.clearTextures()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\basevisual.py”, line 1013, in clearTextures
GL.glDeleteTextures(1, self._texID)
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x0000000000000000

Here’s what my folder with all my files looks like:

Here are the file names in the excel file:

Any help would be great! I’m hoping this is all just a silly error on my end.

Thanks

I SOLVED IT. I followed these instructions (https://www.howtohaven.com/system/show-file-extensions-in-windows-explorer.shtml) to force windows to show file extensions for my videos.

I manually entered the .mp4 so windows registered that as .mp4.mp4. I went in and removed my manual .mp4 and ended up with the solution :slight_smile: