File not found error: cannot open movie file

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10):
PsychoPy version (2023.2.3):
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?:
I am trying to run an experiment where participants see a short video then rate it (within a loop)
What did you try to make it work?:
I’ve tried changing the name of the file and updating the file name in the loop, which sort of worked because now it seems to have got some of the stimuli but not all somehow? Also it keeps coming up with monitor calibration errors? I am really not sure what this means. This is my first time using psychopy to run an experiment.
What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
File “C:\Users\Abby\Documents\University\YEAR 3\Project\Psychopy\experiment_attempt_2_lastrun.py”, line 637, in run
video_face.setMovie(dynamic_face)
File “C:\Users\Abby\Documents\University\YEAR 3\Project\Psychopy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movies_init_.py”, line 174, in setMovie
self.loadMovie(value)
File “C:\Users\Abby\Documents\University\YEAR 3\Project\Psychopy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movies_init_.py”, line 216, in loadMovie
raise FileNotFoundError(“Cannot open movie file {}”.format(
FileNotFoundError: Cannot open movie file stimuli/neutral_faces/32_N.avi
################ Experiment ended with exit code 1 [pid:20736] #################
2099.3384 EXP Imported dynamic_face.xlsx.xlsx as conditions, 14 conditions, 1 params

Don’t worry about the monitor calibration warnings.

Are you sure that the file names are exactly the same as they are in your spreadsheet? Double-check for spaces at the end of the names as well as capitalisation. “stimuli/neutral_faces/32_N.avi” is different from "stimuli/neutral_faces/32_N.avi " and “stimuli/neutral_faces/32_n.avi”

Hi,
I got it working now. Thank you, you were right. I had the files saved as 32_N.avi on my laptop. But when I went on to the video properties it said 32_N.avi.avi, so I changed the name so it was saved as 32_N (and 32_N.avi) so it now matches the excel spreadsheet.

Thank you