Loop not working (unhandled internal error)

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10 64bit
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2021 1.2.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Yes
What are you trying to achieve?:
The task is quite simple. I’m trying to make a dot mixed task, where basically one of the two fruit stimuli would appear on either left or right corner of the screen and depending on which fruit the participant will see, they have to press a button to indicate the corner it appread on the screen.

I’m completely new to PsychoPy so I’ll explain everything I did to make this task work.
Firstly, I created an excel sheet with variable (fruit_names) and added stimuli images with their paths as entries (images/apple.png).
Then created a trail, chose the image to directly access from the sheet ($fruit_names), set it to repeat. Then created a loop with loop type: random, nReps: 1, random speed: 1, and in conditions choose the excel sheet. As soon as I tried to run this an error popped on the screen. I tried to re-install PsychoPy and tried again but it’s still there. As far as I know, I think I’ve done everything right and it is such a simple experiment. I’ve attached the ss of the error below.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1179, in runFile
ok = self.fileSave(self.filename)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 731, in fileSave
filename = self.exp.saveToXML(filename)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment_experiment.py”, line 339, in saveToXML
with codecs.open(filename, ‘wb’, encoding=‘utf-8-sig’) as f:
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\codecs.py”, line 897, in open
file = builtins.open(filename, mode, buffering)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘C:\Users\Lenovo\Documents\Shah_et_al(2012)replication\final_experiment\Final_experiment_file.psyexp’
I’d be grateful if someone could help :slight_smile:

Has it worked before with brackets in the folder name?