JS file not generated when pushing study online

Dear all,

I tried to upload a study from Psychopy to Pavlovia, but I haven’t succeeded so far.
I first tried upload by creating a new project, but I’d see this error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\menu.py”, line 127, in onNew if pavlovia.getCurrentSession().user.username:
AttributeError: ‘User’ object has no attribute ‘username’

If I upload by syncing, it’d tell me something like the following:

Then it’d stay on this state forever…
However, it would upload the essential files unto GitLab but just wouldn’t generate JS file.
I’ve tried PsychoPy 2022.1.0 and 2021.2.3. Neither worked.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Have you changed your Pavlovia username? I assume you are logged into Pavlovia in Builder.

I don’t think so.
Yes, I logged in in Builder. But PsychoPy generated the error message of user name anyway if I try to create new project.

I managed to create pavlovia project after many tries. I’m clueless how.
However, the problem is not completely solved. I cannot sync any update afterwards. Whenever I want to update the online version with changes, I’d stuck at “Pulling changes from remote…”
Once I left my laptop on for the whole night to let it “pull changes”. It didn’t work.
So, what is this “pulling changes from remote…” and how do I solve this problem? I don’t want to create new projects whenever I have some updates to make :woozy_face:
Any suggestions are most welcomed!

Where is your local psyexp file saved?

Each in its own folder, but I saved them under Box, which is synced to my local device.

Just tried to save one outside the Box path, and encountered the same problem: pulling takes forever.

I did a little search online, assuming that this pulling is about Git pull. It seems that it can be resolved by forcing SSH to use IPv4, instead of IPv6 issue. If this assumption is correct, I may need help to make this change…

That’s not something I’ve come across. How big is your experiment? Does it have lots of videos? Will a small test experiment sync okay?

Hi Wakecarter!

I asked around in my department and was informed that it may have to do with my pavlovia account. I’m not sure what exactly the problem is.
But anyway, I managed to sync by git commands. I also found a useful video on using git commands to sync PsychoPy projects. Hope this will help whoever has similar problems :slight_smile: