I've just downloaded the psychopy on my computer and it doesn't work!

Hi. I had a psyexp file so I downloaded python 3.6 and then psychopy2020.2.4 to play it. But after running, nothing happened! I typed pip install psychopy in cmd and I don’t know if it’s the right way to install psychopy package or not.
I’m a beginner to python and psychopy and I appreciate if you could guide me what should I do to make it work.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

And I have this message on the console:
Generating PsychoPy script…

############### Running: C:\Users\zmoham22\Desktop\hi_lastrun.py ###############
51.0532 INFO Loaded monitor calibration from [‘2020_10_01 14:01’]
pygame 1.9.6
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
1.0355 WARNING We strongly recommend you activate the PTB sound engine in PsychoPy prefs as the preferred audio engine. Its timing is vastly superior. Your prefs are currently set to use [‘sounddevice’, ‘PTB’, ‘pyo’, ‘pygame’] (in that order).
8.1517 WARNING User requested fullscreen with size [1024 768], but screen is actually [1920, 1080]. Using actual size
8.1583 WARNING Trying to use a framebuffer object but GL_EXT_framebuffer_object is not supported. Disabled
8.1583 WARNING Trying to use a framebuffer object but GL_ARB_texture_float is not supported. Disabling
9.8583 WARNING Couldn’t measure a consistent frame rate.

• Is your graphics card set to sync to vertical blank?
  • Are you running other processes on your computer?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\zmoham22\Desktop\hi_lastrun.py”, line 157, in
win.flip()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\window.py”, line 1010, in flip
thisStim.draw()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\text.py”, line 840, in draw
GL.glActiveTexture(GL.GL_TEXTURE1)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pyglet\gl\lib_wgl.py”, line 106, in call
return self.func(*args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pyglet\gl\lib.py”, line 63, in MissingFunction
raise MissingFunctionException(name, requires, suggestions)
pyglet.gl.lib.MissingFunctionException: glActiveTexture is not exported by the available OpenGL driver.

Experiment ended.