Issue with sounds as stimuli

Win10
PsychoPy version 1.9.4

I am currently trying to build a very simple experiment that only requires the program to play sounds. All sound files are in wav and work perfectly on PsychoPy. However, I have issue with the duration of each sound. Whatever I do, the maximum duration of all the sound files is set according to the duration of the first sound that is played (they are played in a random order).

I’ve tried:

• Setting the duration of the sound routine to the duration of my longest sound, doesn’t work (the sound plays but too short if it does not start with the longest one)
  • Setting the expected end of the sound routine to the duration of my longest sound, doesn’t word either (the sound plays but too short)
  • Removing any information about sound duration and adding a transition key to force end of routine, but still doesn’t work (the sound and the key do work, but the sounds are still not played entirely)

PsychoPy does not recognize that as an error so I have no information whatsoever on what to do. Does anyone know who to play sounds that are differentially long?

By the way, I know I am not using the latest version but I am currently running another experiment that started on this version.

Thanks!