Issue with draw order/ depth of components (can't get button to appear over the top of text/ polygon despite adjusting order in builder)

What are you trying to achieve?:
I am trying to layer my components so that a ‘next’ button component appears over the top of a text component and polygon component. The appearance of the ‘next’ button is conditional upon certain parameters in the experiment having been met. It is designed to appear after the participants have completed a task, to allow them to move on to the next set of stimuli.

Problem:
The intended draw order (bottom to top) is text → polygon → button, and this is the order in which they are listed in builder. When running the experiment, the text and polygon component are successfully layered on top of one another in the order text → polygon. Upon fulfilment of its conditions, however, the button is drawn beneath the other two components, so that the final draw order is button → polygon → text.

What did you try to make it work?:
I have various code components in my experiment that affect the text component. I have listed these code components above the button in builder in case they are impacting the draw order, but this has not solved the issue. When I disable these code components, the button is successfully drawn over the text, but still behind the polygon. There are no code components affecting the polygon.

What I need help with:
I am stuck and can’t think of anything else to try to get this to work. I have had a look on the forum to see if there is some kind of code component I could use to force the button to be drawn over the top of everything else but can’t seem to find anything. If anyone knows of a way to do this, or can think of any other solution, please get in touch :slight_smile:

Still have not managed to resolve issue, would be very very grateful if anyone can help at all as the project I am working on is at a standstill until I can figure out a solution! :slight_smile:

1 Like