Issue running experiment online

URL of experiment: Sign in · GitLab

Description of the problem: When I run my experiment through Pavlovia, it gets stuck on the ‘initialising the experiment’ screen. I opened Developer Tools to see if it was something simple, but I am a complete beginner (this is my undergrad dissertation project!) and have no idea what this means or where to even start but have attached what developer tools said. Any help is so appreciated!

Try running it both with and without html in the URL

I tried adding html to the URL and it showed ‘unspecified JavaScript error.’

Hello @bloxham99,

As far as I can ascertain, your experiment is currently inactive, which is why it does not run, as per the error message that you get when you navigate to its URL: experiment [PsychoPy]

Have you tried changing its status on the experiment page, on pavlovia.org?
Pavlovia

Alain

Hi, I for some reason can’t access the experiments tab where I am able to change the status of the experiment. Do I need to purchase credits to do so (I thought that you could pilot a study without purchasing credits therefore would be able to access the experiments tab)? I am awaiting my institution to sort this for me which is why I don’t have credits yet. All I can access on my dashboard is my profile.

You certainly shouldn’t need credits to access the experiments tab. I think that would suggest that Pavlovia doesn’t think you have any experiments. Perhaps you should try creating a new one as a test and see if you can access that. Make sure you are logged in to PsychoPy using the same username as you are using on Pavlovia.

I believe this issue stems from your username being actually a number. Even though GitLab makes it possible for you to use a number as username, it actually cannot deal with it and, consequently, neither can pavlovia.
I would suggest you add a letter to your username. That should sort it all out.
Best wishes,

Alain

@apitiot Changed my username, signed in and out and checked it lines up with my Psychopy user and still getting this error message when I go to my dashboard.

Just tried with a ‘test’ project and it hasn’t helped. Getting this message on my dashboard.

Hello @bloxham99,

It took a little longer for your username change to be mirrored onto the Pavlovia database. It’s now in place, and you are good to go!
Happy experimenting and do not hesitate to contact us should you need anything.
Best wishes,

Alain