Install psychopy with anaconda

Hi,
I am trying to configure a new psychopy environment in Anaconda. But the download link of the ‘environment file’ does not work for me. It doesn’t direct me to any downloading. And I am not using any ad blocker extension. Can anyone send me the ‘environment file’? Thanks in advance.
Miao

Hi Miao,

are you trying to create a new virtual environment? (You could check – https://uoa-eresearch.github.io/eresearch-cookbook/recipe/2014/11/20/conda/ and other resources)
I do not use anaconda (but maybe it is a similar procedure to install new packages), I select the environment that I created, activate it in bash, and install what I need (in bash, cd folder-with-my-python-environment; “source Scripts/activate” (without quotation marks); python pip install …).

OR if you use pycharm, you could go to settings - project - project interpreter, click on the gray wheel and on create conda environment (this works for 2016 pycharm community edition; you could install packages in a manner as I suggested before, I bet conda install would work).

Hope that helps! Best, Natalia

Hi Natalia,
Yes, i meant a very similar thing you mentioned. However, without the psychopy dependencies, i don’t think the installation works.
Here is the file i need: simply the environment file cannot be downloaded from my side.

Thanks,
Miao

the content of the file currently is:

name: psychopy
channels:
- conda-forge
dependencies:
- python=3.6
- psychopy
- pip
- pip:
  - psychtoolbox
  - pygame
  - pyo
  - pyparallel; platform_system != "Windows"
  - SoundFile; platform_system == "Windows"

The file is only the yml file which you can use to create an anaconda environment. Use nano or another text editor to copy the contents of the yml file to create the environment as described on the psychopy installation page.

See the links below for more information under “Creating an environment from an environment.yml file”

Let me know if you have additional questions as this is currently how I am using psychopy

(I should add that I initially had issues using Xming to create a window in Psychopy but this could be since I am using Ubuntu WLS and had to manually set the visual.Window winType parameter to “pygame” in order to remedy this)

Thanks for the message. It worked.