'Insert Loop' glitching

PsychoPy version: 2020 1.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Yes

What are you trying to achieve?:
I am trying to insert a loop into my experiment but the position of the loop insert point keeps glitching (see video). It ends up placing the end of the loop at an arbritary point, not where I wanted it. I have had this problem on both a Surface Book 2, and Surface Pro 3. Is it some touch screen error?

What did you try to make it work?:

I tried different computers and updated psychopy.
I also disabled the touch screen.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

Please see video

@dvbridges, sorry to bother you, but do you have any suggestions for why this may be happening?

In 2020.2 we made some pretty substantial changes to the interface, could you try updating to the latest version and see if this is still the case? If so then we’ll look into this bug further

1 Like

Hi @TParsons, thanks. I downloaded the newest version, looks great. However, still facing the same issue. I believe it either has to do with touchscreens (on surface laptops?) or would it be affected by programs like f.lux?

It could be a touchscreen thing, yes… The Flow panel works by getting the position you clicked, so it could be that touchscreens supply a different position value. I’ll look into this and let you know!

1 Like

TParsons, any updates on this? Still having the issue with the newest verions