Independent Randomized Images and Correct answer

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 11 22H2/ MacOS 13.3.1
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2022.2.5
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y
What are you trying to achieve?:
Two stimulis (both images) are to be shown. The images have to be presented independently randomized. The presented images are from the same pool and stimulus 2 is only a smaller subset of the images from stimulus 1. In the best case I would still be able to tell by the file name if the answers are correct. I have found a demo in the forum, but I could not adapt it to my project.
What did you try to make it work?:
Good day,

I am still new and trying to start a experiment.

Structure
Stimuli 1 → 1 second pause → Stimuli2

All images are saved in an Excel file under “stimulus1” and “stimulus2”. Each file has a part in the name that contains the correct answer. e.g. Stim1 Left-8327894 → Stim2 Right-2984e392048 = not equal; If e.g. randomly Left-845789345 & Left-9543054 is selected the correct answer is “equal”.

So I see the possibility to either filter the images for Stim2 or just store the limited subset in “stimulus2” and then call it randomized, right?

What is the easiest way to implement such a project

I thank you in advance for your help!

Many greetings from Hamburg!

Hello MaFi,

I do not understand the sequence of your experiment. There are two sets of stimuli: Stimuli1 and Stimuli2. Do you want to show all the items from Stimuli1 first, then take a break, and then show all the items from Stimuli2? Or do you want to show items from both Stimuli1 and Stimuli2 in one trial?

The first sequence is easier to implement than the second.

It is much easier to add a column to your Excel file that codes the correctness of the answers than to determine it from the file name. You could use an Excel function to extract the expected answer.

Best wishes Jens