Image stimuli: alternating the side the images are presented

PLEASE IGNORE THIS TOPIC! I NO LONGER NEED HELP ON THIS TOPIC.

URL of experiment: I understand that I haven’t provided it. I am trying to avoid sending it out to avoid running out of credits. I will provide the URL if necessary.

Description of the problem:

excelpic

The above two pictures shows the error that I get (first picture) and shows what I set up in my practice condition files (my experiment condition file) is similar, but doesn’t have feedback.

Basically, this is my set up (pictured below):

programpic

I have two pictures presented to the participant (pict1 and pic2). But I don’t want whatever is in the pic1/pic2 to always be displayed on the same side. To avoid that, I tried using a vaqriable called position_1 and position_2, so I can just go to the image components, click layout and use position_1 and position_2 for the respective images.

However, this only works locally. I don’t think this works online. I need help randomizing the positions, but I need to be careful because it needs to be consistently randomized for each trial in the loop (meaning that the side pic1 appears in my pictures routine needs to be in the same spot in the trials and feedback routine).

Let me know if I should provide more information to help me solve this problem.

Thank you so much.

Happy you fixed it :). This comment is to mark your post as solved; then we know that it’s resolved

1 Like

Hi
I have the same problem, could you please tell me how you solved it.

Hi
I have the same problem, could you please tell me how you solved it.

This is how I have it set up in my conditions file now. I think this is the solution. Please let me know if it worked for you.

*edited, I forgot to add how it looks in psychopy (builder view)

1 Like