How to postpone stimulus presentation

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): kubuntu 20.04
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.2.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?:

I would like to postpone a stimulus presentation when a response is provided. The experiment generally const of a stimulus presentation and a window of 3 s within participant might response.

What did you try to make it work?:

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

But when the participant provides response, stimulus of next presentation is anticipated.
Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information. Could you have a suggestion about how to implement some extra time.

Hello Airt78

so you want a fixed trial-duration of three seconds? Simply uncheck the Force end of Routine box of your response device.

Best wishes Jens

1 Like

@JensBoelte thanks, but since a mark appears during the make response window and it disappears after providing it, I would add two second more before the next stimulus appear.

the way that you have suggested actually it disables the mark disappearence.

Hello Airt78

well, how am I supposed to know what the trial looks like. You need to describe in so much detail that it can be rebuild. So please be as specific as in the Procedure-section of a manuscript.

Best wishes Jens