How randomize video+response

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

(Win10)
(psychopy 2021.1.1)

Hello everyone,

I don’t find a response in the other post - sorry if it exists

The purpose of our study is to show one video to the subject and press (y/n) if the hand move or not.

We want to repeat and randomize each trial (3trials) 3 times = 9 trials

I can’t make it work with the builder. So I tried with the excel sheet condition but the order is always the same.
Capture1

Can you tell me what I have to write on the excel sheet or if there is a post - I missed - where I can find the response.

Greetings

Gautier

Hi @Hamoline - I’m a novice myself, but I think you will need to share your conditions Excel file in order for someone to have a look at this :slight_smile:

That’s my problem - I have 3 routines (first screen) made like this (second screen). I want to randomize them and the subject has to see each video 3 times. I don’t know what conditions I have to write :confused:

Capture2

Sorry if I’m not still clear enough

If you click the Excel button when the field is blank, PsychoPy will make a blank Excel file with comments on the cells to walk you through how conditions work. Basically, what you write in the top cell of a column becomes the name of a variable whose value is set each repeat, the values in that column are the values the variable gets.

psychopy can’t find the template. I will try to figure it out why.

Thanks

I have this error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs\paramCtrls.py”, line 352, in openExcel
os.startfile(file)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable: ‘C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\loopTemplate.xltx’

If I want to randomize my 3 routines with 3 repeats each
So my variables are “movie” and “corrAns”
test1.xlsx (8.5 KB)
What I have to do next ?

Sorry if the questions look stupid. It’s hard to discuss with our coder with homeworking :slight_smile:

Greetings,