Crashing with randomization of video stimuli

PsychoPy version: 2021.1.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: not sure what this means
What are you trying to achieve?:
I am building an experiment which randomizes 50 video stimuli. Each video should be shown once, with no repeats (a total of 50 reps).

What did you try to make it work?:
I have created a trial with a loop. Under loop conditions, I have included an Excel file with the video file paths (50 conditions, 1 parameter). For the trial, under movie properties and movie file I have “$Video_FilePath”, which is the parameter in the Excel file and have selected the box for “set every repeat”. This should be able to pull from the Excel file and randomize the videos within the trial.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
When I run the experiment, the error message says the movie file cannot be found. The issue is not in the video format because when trying to play the video files by movie file, they play on PsychoPy.

Would greatly appreciate any help in how to resolve this! I’m not sure if the issue is in how I have the loop or trial set up, or if I should try on a different version of PsychoPy.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 7.58.20 PM

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.03.35 PM

I always put resources in the same folder as the experiment file (or a sub folder) and then use a relative path.

It is also a bad idea to store large files on the desktop – it slows your computer down. I recommend moving them to your Documents folder.

Wow, that was a quick fix. Thank you!

1 Like