How do I open the builder application?

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): Standalone PsychoPy 2020.2.10 for 64bit Windows (using Python3.6)
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: I’m not sure what this means.

What are you trying to achieve?:
-I am new to Psychopy/coding and just installed it on my laptop. I’m trying to build my first experiment, but I am not sure which application/ desktop shortcut to open it with. When I downloaded it, there were so many shortcuts that were added to my home screen, I was overwhelmed and I just put it all in one folder. Now I’m not sure which one to open to launch the builder screen.

What did you try to make it work?:
-I typed “builder” on my start menu and tried to open the “Psychopy3 Builder” shortcut, but an error popped up saying “Windows is searching for pythonw.exe. To locate the file yourself, click Browse.”

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
-I clicked browse and it directed me to a bunch of folders with empty, blank names on them. I am so confused, does anyone know how to help? Thanks so much in advance!!

Hi,

I usually just type PsychoPy3 on my search bar, and it will pop up. It doesn’t matter if you open a Coder, or Runner as long as you can easily access the Builder from the Coder or Runner window.

If you are in the Coder/Runner window, click on the View (top of the screen) → Go to Builder view.

1 Like