Flickering images

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem:

I have a series of trials where a set of images morphs from a neutral face to full expressed emotions. I have 51 images at .25 seconds each to simulate morphing. However, once I moved the experiment to Pavlovia, the task started flickering randomly. It’s almost like random flashes. How can I get rid of the flickers?

Also, it’s taking a long time for the online experiment to load. Is that normal? Is there a way to make it load faster?

Hey @jmin, the project you link to seems to be set to private, would it be possible to give me or our support team developer access so that I can investigate a bit more? Here to help, s.

Hi @sotiri, could you tell me how to give you access? I apologize. It’s my first time using Pavlovia.

Do you have 51 different image components with consecutive start times? Because of the reduced accuracy of online experiments it is easier to get smooth transitions by updating a single image component e.g. using imageMorph.setImage(emotion[Idx]) so there will always be exactly one image on the screen (i.e. no gaps and no overlaps)

No problem @jmin, the following GitLab help page explains how, https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/members/index.html

Did we get a solution to this problem, because I am also facing the same

What are you trying to do?

Have you tried my suggestion?

Hi, I am having 3 images and two rectangle box, rectangle boxes are always visible and only the center image has to change with time, say for first 0.5s image1 is appearing for 0.1s image2 and for 0.3s image3, in between when image2 is appearing I am showing a text in either of rectangular boxes. Problem is, when the text and image2 is appearing the rectangular boxes are not visible for that moment, and then they come back. I am struggling with this.