Feedback with images

OS (e.g. Win10):
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.83.03x):
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
Hi! This is me again with a new question: Is it possible to use images for feedback? Thanks!

Yes, of course. You could have something along these lines in a code component:

if response.corr == 1:
    fbPic = "correct.png"
else:
    fbPic = "wrong.png"

You could then use $fbPic as Image in an image component.

Hope this helps.

Jan

Hi Jan! Thanks for your response, it’s really useful to me. Let me tell you something else about me. I’m using Psychopy for my thesis study. This is the only question I haven’t solved. I’m so grateful for your help. I’m gonna send you screenshots to explain better my problem (with an Excel file that that contents images):

problem.xlsx (1001.5 KB)

I was following your instructions, but something still is going wrong with me. When I run the program I don’t receive any error advice. I send you a hug. Pd: Sorry for my bad english :frowning:

Thanks for the Excel file. It might be easier though to find out what’s happening if you uploaded your experiment as a zip file (including everything that’s needed to run the experiment). Also, could you describe in more detail what is going wrong?

Jan

I send you my files via email. My email is violeta.roga@gmail.com. I received a message, something goes wrong with my shared files via email.

Of course! I send you my work with explanations. I’m trying being brief and clear. Thanks again :wave:

jderrfuss

December 14

Thanks for the Excel file. It might be easier though to find out what’s happening if you uploaded your experiment as a zip file (including everything that’s needed to run the experiment). Also, could you describe in more detail what is going wrong?

Jan

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Aimee_Romero

December 14

Hi Jan! Thanks for your response, it’s really useful to me. Let me tell you something else about me. I’m using Psychopy for my thesis study. This is the only question I haven’t solved. I’m so grateful for your help. I’m gonna send you screenshots to explain better my problem (with an Excel file that…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

(Attachment Temporal estimation Task.txt is missing)

entrenamiento 2 a 8.psyexp (23.1 KB)

drop essay.xlsx (8.47 KB)

Sorry, I have sended to many things…
This task consists of classifying durations as ‘short’ or ‘long’ (in correct answer, Excel file and keyboard keys,
they are ‘c’ and ‘l’). You can see I’m working with variable durations, but with the same image (a water drop).
I have divided this experiment in three parts: pre-training, training and test. I need feedback in the training part.
I’m running this task with Down Syndrome children, that’s the reason I prefer to use images as feedback, better than words.
I could use sounds, but I tried it and failed, I don’t understand why :(.

Thanks for receiving this! :slight_smile:

After having had a look at your task, I must admit that I’m not really sure how your task is supposed to work. Why is your routine trial structured the way it is? What should happen when your participants do the task? As Michael, one of our forum gurus likes to say, describe your task in the way you would describe it for a method section of an article. (I suspect what you want is a trial routine with just one image and one response component, but without further explanation I can’t be sure.)

Jan

Ok, thanks for the interest. Participants will be people with Down Syndrome. We want to know if they are able to say “this bubble appeared for a short time” or “this bubble appeared for a long time”. Previously (during pre-training), participants have been trained just in two interval times (2 and 8 seconds). During the training we want to add feedback because (according to the theoretical framework) feedback could help having a better performance. This method has been used by leading researchers in temporal estimation. For this purpose, we have decided to use images. Happy face (correct.png) should appear when participants have a correct response, I mean, when they point that the estimated time is correct. Sad face (wrong.png) should appear if they have a wrong response (if response doesn’t correspond with the correct time). For example, if the bubble appear for a short time (it is indicated with corrAns in Excel file, each row is an essay corresponding with keyboard keys, ‘c’ is ‘corto’ and ‘l’ is ‘largo’),If participant points accurately that the time when appeared the bubble was short (correct response) he should receive a happy face following the answer. The time given to respond is an interval of ten seconds.

Infinite Thanks for receive!!

Thank you for the additional details. Please find a possible solution attached.

Jan

drop_essay.xlsx (8.4 KB)
entrenamiento_2_a_8.psyexp (12.1 KB)
correct

wrong

Hi Jan!! In this moment I’m checking what you sent me. I promise to be careful with the search for the solution, I’ve been thinking about that. I will be away from home for a week, that’s the reason I will not be in conctact with you. I let you rest from me in this time, you have been exceptional with me. I ask you, please, allow me to be in contact with you as soon as I return. I will take a trip with my mother, therefore, I will be disconnected all this time. I send you a big hug.