(“Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault”)

Hello folks,

I’m having a “Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault” when I am running my program. This error occurs in the same portion of the experiment every time. I have a Win10 program with PsychoPy v1.85.1.

As of right now, I only have a microphone component (running 660 seconds long) and a black box in the center of the screen. Once the time is up, there is a waiting screen where I have “space” programmed to “End Routine” and proceed to the next portion of the study. Once I press “space”, I receive this error. What does this error mean and how do I get rid of it?

Usually the errors I get have a specified line of code that is messed up or a specific component that is not working, but this one is not specific so I don’t know where to begin.

Thank you for all of your help in advance.

We don’t support that version any more. Could you install something newer (preferably PsychoPy 3.0.7)?

Hi Jon,

I downloaded the newest version of PsychoPy 3.07 and I got a different error when running the program:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module name ‘pyo’

I don’t understand why I’m receiving that error since I have pyo in my builder settings. How do I fix this problem?

Hi Jon,

Do you think you can help me out with this issue? Do you need more information?

Hi again,

I’m still having difficulty with the microphone. It’s either an error message will appear or the audio files will be blank. I’m not sure what to do at this point. Do you know where I can get help?

Does this help?

To get help you need to tell us the exact error message. We really can’t help if you just say that an error message occurred.